“By just entering the awards, it highlights to everyone that “this company takes safety seriously”. It has had a positive affect on the workers, as they know that company is trying to minimize real risks at their work place. To be awarded a NSCA Foundation award is a big achievement and we are all very proud of this.”
Damir Merdovic, Business Unit Manager, Penrith, Capral Limited
Highly Commended in Category 2: Best Solution of a WHS Risk (Medium – Large Business)
The NSCA Foundation’s National Safety Awards of Excellence is Australia’s longest running and only independent awards, recognising outstanding Work Health and Safety initiatives. Now in their 28th year, these awards continue to celebrate organisations and people that actively promote workplace health and safety as a cornerstone of elite business performance.
Entering National Safety Awards of Excellence provides an opportunity to showcase and celebrate how your organisation and individuals are leading the charge in providing best practice in health and safety.
Each submission will be independently judged through a formal judging process by a panel of expert assessors. Organisations that have achieved excellence in their field of work by the introduction, development or improvement of health and safety programs, initiatives and/or standards are recognised for their achievements. Finalists are formally recognised with winners announced at the National Safety Awards of Excellence Gala Luncheon on Thursday, 15 October 2020 in Sydney.
In summary, the National Safety Awards of Excellence are a celebration of Best Practice, Best People and Best Performance.
Here are just a few reasons to get involved…
- Raise the profile of your organisation and people in a national forum
- Share specialist knowledge and network with industry leaders
- Great opportunity to review and re-assess your health and safety objectives, and benchmark against industry leaders
- Achieve broad reaching recognition
- Enhance your recognition as an Employer of Choice
- Leverage your award-winning credibility to attract, retain and motivate employees
- Create a loyal and passionate workforce
- Encourage innovation and improvement amongst your employees
- Utilise your award-winning status to enhance business development
- Enjoy the support of the NSCA Foundation in marketing your organisation
- Benefit from your focus on safety to increase productivity and generate sustainable competitive advantage
- Develop your reputation as a leader and diligent corporate citizen
We encourage individuals and organisations, regardless of industry or organisational size, to get involved and to benefit from that involvement. We want to share your story of success with Australia.